Each class in the school has two class parents. Their role is:
- Welcoming of new parents into the school – particularly those that come during the year.
- Organise social get togethers for parents.
- Encourage other parents to be involved in school activities.
- Assist with major events such as carnivals.
- Support in crisis eg – When a family in your class is having problems.
And when requested by the teacher to:
- Gather information for the teacher on various topics.
- Assist or organise assistance when needed for excursions or special activities.
- Update class lists for everyone.
- Be the PR person for your class and let the school know of special achievements.
Being a Class parent enables you to become more involved with your child’s class, help the teacher and will be a rewarding year for you.